Apprentice Composite Assembly Technician- Working Heroes
Apprentice Composite Assembly Technician
Our client is looking for Veterans who they can teach the composite skill to or veterans with existing experience in building and creating composite pieces.
Work will be done on large composite pieces that are built for commercial aircraft.
The Lay-Up Technician produces a quality composites product by laying-up material, vacuum bagging and press molding using the proper techniques, procedures and processes.
The Assembly Technician will assist in building a variety of quality subassemblies using a variety of methods. This position will fit parts to close tolerances and operating requirements using many different procedures.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read and interpret blueprints, work instructions and specifications.
- Proficient in the use of hand tools and power tools.
- Perform basic math and use precision measuring devices.
- Must be able to complete paperwork and manufacturing routing sheets.
- Knowledge of complex lay-up techniques: darting, corner lay-up, staggering stepping plies, vacuum bagging complex shapes, warming material and using bias to conform material to complex shapes during lay-up process.
- Knowledge of preparation, lay-up and demolding of more complex multi-part compound curved molds: dams, keys, “o” ring seals, pressure intensifiers, calls and inserts.
- Fully understand Safety and Quality policies and requirements.
- Meet or exceed budget and schedule requirements.
- Ability to learn the basics of composite part fabrication and assembly as required.
- Load and unload parts into ovens and presses. Make proper connections and monitor cure cycle.
- Ability to follow written instructions for compliance.
- Advocate a working environment that promotes creative thinking, problem solving and ingenuity while maintaining a high ethical standard.
- Perform job safely and keep work area clean.
- Work Overtime and shift work as required.
- Promote a team environment with a positive attitude.
- Adhere to all AAR Composites Safety Procedures and Safety Accountabilities (Ref: SP-011).
- Participate in NADCAP, ISO, AS 9100 and Continuous Improvement requirements.
- Work towards a lean MFG concept.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifcations and Requirements:
- Must be a US Citizen. (No dual citizenship allowed)
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- One to three years of experience in a related technical field.
- One to three years of experience in Composites (or related) environment.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Organizational skills and initiative to complete the job.
- Must be able to use judgement and decision making skills.