LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Structural Assemblers for a position in Coxsackie, New York.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Assembles aerospace sheet metal products working at a bench or on shop floor.
- Basic capability to read and understand drawings, specifications and work instructions to determine dimensions and tolerances of a finished assembly, the sequence of operations and set up requirements.
- Positions parts following blue prints, fixturing and operations sheets.
- Trims, fits and fastens parts together with bolts, screws, rivets and adhesive.
- Operates various hand tools, tooling fixtures and machines such as belt sander, saw, grinder, riveting machine, drill press and shear.
- Uses precision measuring instruments, including but not limited to calipers, indicators, and scales.
- Has basic Resistance weld skills.
- Is familiar with customer specifications as they relate to the operation being performed.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to customer requirements.
- Has basic understanding and practice of Lean Manufacturing principles and 6S.
- Correctly logs jobs in and out for labor reporting systems.
- Follows all safety rules including PPE requirements while performing tasks.
- Responsible for the proper handling and management of hazardous waste generated in their work area.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime as necessary.
- Acceptable attendance is an essential function of the position.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required by the position.
Qualifications and requirement:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 3 + years aerospace assembly experience required
- Must have Resistance welding experience.
- Must have Spot and Seam welding experience.
- Strong mechanical aptitude required.
- Math Skills – decimals, percentages, fractions – geometry and trigonometry preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and mylars.
- Read and understand internal procedures and policies and travelers.
- Understand and follow through on both verbal and written instructions.
- Team oriented with a continuous improvement outlook.
- Computer Skills – able to learn new screens, reports, functions, software programs and internal ERP systems.
- Communicates courteously and professionally at all organizational levels.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Annual baseline hearing test is required.
- Occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to pass Background Check and Urinalysis.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.