Trailer Mechanic 2nd Shift
Pay: $22.40-$24.45 per hour, depending on experience
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform basic tractor/trailer general maintenance and repairs, including, but not limited to welding.
- May need to drive tractor/trailer in/out of the shop or through facility parking lot.
- Work in a safe manner, per company, local, state and federal policies and regulations.
- Perform preventative maintenance (PM’s), electrical, suspension, and airbrake repairs, and run diagnostics on a fleet.
- Ability to speak, write and comprehend the English language in accordance with all safety-related regulations and product specifications to avoid product contaminations in addition to processing paperwork for invoicing, billing, etc.
- Other duties as required to support operations.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Equivalent of High School Diploma or GED and 3+ year’s diesel mechanic experience.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
- Have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds, spending time bending, climbing and stooping.
- Must have own tools.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Must have own steel toe boots.
- CDL preferred, but not required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.