Service Technician II
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking A&P Mechanics with corporate jet experience for an opportunity in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
With limited supervision, assists with testing, adjusting and repairing, and other general tasks related to the maintenance and repair of airframe, engine and component systems on a variety of aircraft models in a safe and clean work environment according to manufacturer’s specifications, company-approved procedures, FAA regulations, and customer expectations. Prepare and complete appropriate work order documentation. Support and record all OJT, mentoring, and training for personal development.
- Assist with and learn, high quality inspection procedures, servicing, and maintenance of aircraft & engine systems and components on a variety of aircraft models using proper hand tools, specialized equipment, and support equipment in a timely, clean, safe, and professional manner with minimal rework. Records all work performed, unless deemed proficient, as OJT for skills development.
- Accurately order general components and parts, turn-in and record removed parts, record received parts as needed and directed, and support delivery under the guidance of technicians of a higher rank when needed.
- Performs minor troubleshooting, function testing, and repair of airframes, engines, and component systems.
- Prepare various documents for record keeping purposes, as required by Elliott Aviation Policies and Procedures, FAA Approved Repair Station and Quality Control Manuals, and to include turnovers, and personal training logs (OJT).
- Demonstrate proficient use of the Elliott Aviation Work Order system by completing accurate and timely listing of discrepancies and completing accurate corrective action statements including completion of Service Bulletin and Airworthiness Directives (AD) compliance statements (ref. FAR §91.417).
- Consistently locate and use appropriate manufacturer’s technical data, to include OEM Aircraft Manufacturer maintenance and component maintenance manuals. Follow verbal instructions to complete assigned tasks. Build and develop personal proficiency and quality maintenance techniques based on OJT experience.
- Support, maintain, and comply with all Federal, OSHA, State, local regulations and Elliott Aviation’s Environmental, Health, and Safety Policies and Processes.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Must have 2+ years of aircraft repair experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of FARs 43, 65, 91, 135, 145.
- Airframe and Powerplant Certificate Preferred.
- Must have the minimum tools as required.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.