1st Shift Turning Applications Engineer
1st Shift CNC Applications Engineer
A large client of ours in South Elgin is looking for a 1st Shift CNC Applications Engineer focused on milling and turning applications. They will be working from 7AM to 4:30PM Monday through Friday and required to travel to job sites for up to 20% of the time. This position is looking to pay up to 80k p/year, with a conversation for a raise when going direct. A few things they’re looking for are listed below:
The Applications Engineer is responsible for tasks in support of the selling process for our CNC machines. This position will also provide technical support for sales, customers, and distributors.
Associates degree in Machine Tool Technology or Technical Certification Program preferred. Will consider non-degreed applicants with relevant job experience.
5-7 years of experience in CNC Machining focused on turning applications required. Milling and Grinding experience a plus. Experience with CAD required. Experience with Fanuc controls required. Experience with Siemens and Mitsubishi controls a plus. Strong organizational skills and excellent communication skills are required. Experience interacting directly with customers is preferred.
SPECIFIC TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE:
- Working knowledge of Fanuc controls
- Fluent in CAD/CAM CNC Programming
- Knowledge in proper tooling selections based on machining requirements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to represent company in a professional manner
- Review customer requirements to determine proper machine, process selection.
- Conduct training classes both in-house and offsite as needed.
- Perform machine demonstrations, time studies, feasibility studies and sample parts in support of sales including installation of machines.
- Tradeshow and Open House application support as needed.
- Assist in prototype machine PLC and option testing of mechanical and control software functions.
- Conduct required run-offs/validation for sold machines prior to shipment.
- Technical phone support for customers, salespersons and distributors.
- Keep current with new technology by attending training seminars or taking courses.
- Some travel is required.