Production Assembly Supervisor
Production Assembly Supervisor
A client of ours in Elgin is looking for a 1st Shift Production Supervisor focused on the construction/fabrication of high end machinary. They will be working from 7AM to 4:30PM Monday through Friday. They will be working out of their Elgin site full time and overseeing the Assembly Production department. A few things they’re looking for are below:
– 5 Years of experience in a Mechanical/Electrical Production environment.
– Precision machine assembly shop background isn’t a MUST but preferred.
– Comfortable with managing and organizing 10 to 12 employees at a time. Drafting schedules, following strict deadlines, performing mechanical and electrical troubleshoot sequences on finished product.
– Strong people skills is a must. Someone that isn’t afraid to give orders but comfortable with giving feedback and following up with confrontation. People in the shop won’t follow if this individual doesn’t deserve the respect.
Please make sure to extract as much information as possible and submit this candidate to myself.
The Production Supervisor, value stream leader, oversees the production planning and manufacturing of Hardinge products. This position is responsible for the supervision and safety of employees, the implementation of continuous improvement processes, and adherence to quality standards and procedures.
The requirements for this position are as follows:
An Associate’s degree in a technical area or a Bachelor’s degree in a technical area with a minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience is strongly preferred.
A minimum of 5 years of production experience required. Experience with common manufacturing materials and machining processes required. Experience with Excel, JDE/Oracle (ERP), and SharePoint preferred. Strong organizational skills and excellent communication skills are required. Direct supervisory experience in manufacturing environment preferred. Green belt certification preferred.
SPECIFIC TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE:
- Experience with planning functions, forecasts, demands, and lead times, and their impact on production
- Experience promoting safety and quality procedures as well as productivity and efficiency improvements
- Ability to communicate with internal and external suppliers to meet customer requirements
- Proficient in trouble shooting and implementing corrective action
REPORTS TO: Value Stream Manager
LOCATION: Elgin, IL
- Assign work, allocate resources, and delegate tasks to ensure the department is meeting its deliverables
- Lead employees and coordinate work assignments based on production requirements
- Coordinate employee training and encourage employee development for flexibility in meeting our production demands
- Document, implement, and manage production schedules
- Collaborate with other Value Stream Leaders and Value Stream Managers for continued efficient and effective manufacturing processes
- Implement and manage any engineering changes to production standards
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package including health insurance, life insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, paid holidays and long-term disability. Hardinge Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Veteran/Disability