1st Shift Contract Manufacturing Coordinator
1st Shift Contract Manufacturing Coordinator
A client of ours is looking for a Contract Manufacturing Coordinator to sit out of their world HQ in Elk Grove Village. This candidate will be working 1st shift from 8AM to 5:30PM and making anywhere from $55 to $65k a year depending on experience. Please see below for the must haves for this position.
The Contract Manufacturing Coordinator is a key role in support of sourcing initiatives, responsible for developing and driving sourcing projects to achieve savings goals. The role is responsible for sourcing customized products and services, developing the external, subcontract manufacturing supply base, and leading company-wide cost savings initiatives. This position works closely with the Estimating and clientfacing Project Management teams to provide the most competitive total landed cost/total cost of ownership for externally procured materials and services.
Essential Sourcing Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain technical understanding of the products and capabilities of the external, subcontract manufacturing supply base
- Using customer supplied samples, renderings, concepts or descriptions, work with Project Management and Estimating to determine potential sources of supply for outsourced materials or finished goods; conduct should-cost and make vs. buy analyses to support sourcing decisions
- Lead supplier RFx process relative to components and outsourced manufacturing services, conducting in-depth supplier analysis to ensure competitive pricing, delivery, and lead time are achieved to meet or exceed project budgets; analyze RFx bid responses to compare bids, develop award scenarios, and present recommendations that optimize total cost of ownership for the projects and ensure client and internal stakeholder’s needs are addressed
- Lead the evaluation and selection of suppliers through market sourcing/research, identification of supplier capabilities, creation and administration of technical RFQ documents, proposal review, risk analysis, and negotiation of commercial terms and conditions
- Proactively research new materials and techniques that assist the company in its pursuit to remain competitive and gain market share; lead and develop strategies for material and outsourced manufacturing categories that are unique to the Company’s market segments
- Continuously looks for new savings opportunities through analysis of data (spend, price competitiveness, logistics, etc.) through hands-on review of materials in the production areas and with the Company’s Subject Matter Experts (SME’s)/Stakeholders
- Ensure new items and new suppliers are established in the company’s ERP system with accurate data to ensure efficient purchase order release, invoice settlement and inventory management by the organization’s operational procurement resources
- Conduct purchases for new product samples, First Article Inspection (FAI) and Production Part
Approval Process (PPAP); coordinates and facilitates the review and approval of FAI’s and PPAP’s with internal SME’s and stakeholders
- Assists with expediting purchase orders to meet project deadlines or sales order ship dates; Ensure the timely and accurate receipt of purchased materials as needed
Essential Project Management Functions:
- Manage multiple, moderate to high complexity sourcing projects with the ability to multi-task and change priorities as needed
- Ensure critical milestones are met and Procurement deliverables are completed on schedule in support of the company’s financial goals
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate project status information, milestones and tasks for assigned sourcing and process improvement initiatives in the company’s electronic project management system; effectively manage project tasks with cross-functional stakeholders
- Continuously looks for new savings opportunities through analysis of data (spend, purchase price variance, etc.) and hands-on review of materials in the production areas and with he Company’s Subject Matter Experts (SME’s)
- Strive to improve existing Sourcing processes and increase efficiencies by collaborating with technical resources and client-facing project/account managers
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree; Bachelor’s degree highly preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of procurement sourcing experience in make-to-order environment or project based, job-shop environment; experience with subcontract manufacturing highly preferred
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite of products; Highly proficient using Excel (e.g., VLookup, Pivot tables and formulas)
- Evidence of skills & attributes including effective listening, gathering complete information, ensuring accuracy, problem-solving, negotiating, researching discrepancies, and handling conflict are critical.
- The ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, meet compressed deadlines, and handle frequent interruptions is essential; excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to gather, analyze, and interpret data, confirming its accuracy and adequacy, and using it to drive decisions as well as present results and business cases to management
- Ability and willingness to respond quickly and appropriately in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment and the flexibility to withstand challenging situations
- Bias for Action: Evaluates, acts and communicates in ‘internet time’; makes timely practical, effective decisions; takes initiative without being asked
- Project Management: Ability to manage projects to ensure successful delivery (on time with budget, meeting agreed upon success criteria) to establish clear goals and accountabilities, including the ability to develop project plans, allocate resources, identify potential issues/risk and develop contingency plans
Physical Demands: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the position. Able to work at a fast pace when required. Able to work extended hours with little notice.
Working Conditions and Environment: The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential function of the position.
Travel: Up to 10%