CNC Lathe Machinist
CNC Lathe Operator
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a CNC Lathe Operator for an opportunity in Everett, Washington.
The CNC Lathe Operator is responsible for operation of CNC Lathe under supervision to manufacture aerospace components as per drawing. Receive on-the-job training and maintain the integrity of the parts as they come of the machine during the production cycle time.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate CNC Lathes with Faunc Controls
- No Minimum experience running CNC Lathes
- Operation of CNC lathes on daily basis.
- Inspection of parts as they come of machine.
- Deburring as needed during production.
- Learn Basic knowledge of commonly use M and G codes
- Aerospace knowledge a plus but not required
- Training of Blue print reading 1
- Follow schedule set by supervisor
- Learn to use micrometers and other precision tools
- Observe machine during operation and detect out of tolerance parts
- Meet job standards set by quoted estimate of job
- Learn to trouble shoot any issue which arise
- Learn to follow set up sheet and instructions at machines
- Follow all 5s processes in place
Qualifications and requirements:
- Knowledge of Boeing BAC specs preferred
- Experience in aerospace industry preferred
- Calculations of plating tolerances on diameters and threads preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Language Skills: Ability to read, write, analyze, and interpret work instructions, drawing and procedure manuals in English. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in English.
- Mathematical Skills: Strong Geometry knowledge is foundational. Must also be able to convert metric to inch and do decimal to fraction conversions. Must be impeccable with decimal placement.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Completion of aptitude test
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.