Interior Paint Prep
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking an experienced aerospace interior paint prep person an opportunity in Everett, Washington.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Coordination, prepping, and application of chemical coatings, cleaning, sanding, masking, putty/ filler application, minor application of various types of paints, cure of components, and part identification for new, in process, and final product finish work. Document required processes following written and verbal instructions. Mix and apply various paint primers, topcoats, clear coats; according to blueprint specifications, assembly shop orders, or production requests. Follow all required Safety & PPE mandates. Dispose of hazardous materilas per regulations. Prior Aerospace / Automotive paint or automotive body shop or processor experiences a plus along with blueprint and/or specification reading skills.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in aerospace interior repair or manufacture
- Prepping of components and/or product using various hand tools, pneumatic sanders, tools, paint applicators, masking, plugs, tape, paper, etc. for finish applications
- Organization, racking, un racking, movement of product within the department or to other departments / buildings.
- Clean painting equipment with water, solvent, thinner or other appropriate cleaners to keep equipment and tools in good working condition; observing safety requirements; wearing of required PPE.
- Load and unload materials and supplies.
- May operate and perform minor maintenance on airless and conventional paint sprayers, spray booths, curing ovens; localized production area, operate part marking machinery, perform touch up requirements of various finishes, filler work, or cosmetic detailing, to include cleaning , sanding, buffing.
- Train & work in other areas to assist production needs.
- Operate and monitor production.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.