Shipping and Receiving Clerk
LAUNCH Aviation Jobs - General Labor LAUNCH Industrial Jobs - Material Handler LAUNCH Industrial Jobs - Shipping and Receiving
Shipping and Receiving Attendant
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participates in Continuous Improvement. Follows standard work and utilizes visual controls to ensure compliance and customer support.
- Performs various tasks such as receiving, packaging, loading, and shipping of materials, parts, power packages, etc.
- Packs items to be shipped and prepare accompanying documentation.
- Coordinates shipping requirements with appropriate means of transportation. May obtain quotes for items to be shipped.
- Understands coding and labeling, and be able to be on call and work OT nights and weekends in support of our customers as needed.
- Manage and maintain inventory, records associated with the inventory and the business system data.
- Posts all products and goods received and shipped into the computer system.
- Counts and/or inspects items received for physical damage.
- Attaches paperwork to box.
- Files paperwork.
- Stores parts, sub-assemblies and materials for production following documented procedures.
- May issue chemicals from chemical stores cabinet.
- May be required to travel to attend training and seminars.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year related experience.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 pounds.
- Ability to interface at all levels.
- Ability to operate a computer using Microsoft Office.
- Experience with MRP inventory management systems preferred.
- Ability to operate a Forklift and Overhead crane.
- Ability to work with Bills of Materials, part requisitions, purchase orders, and shipping manifests.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Strong Communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to work well in a team.
- Strong persistence in seeking out information and the ability to expedite in order to meet deadlines for internal/external customers.
- Understanding of inventory management, materials handling, picking orders, storing received inventory.