Fleet Operations Manager
Provides technical management of fleet maintenance and support activities including planning, staffing, monitoring, and analyzing maintenance requirements, schedules, and contract compliance. Directs and supervises the shop floor and is responsible for overall work performance. Ensures employees observe work rules and safety practices.
Shift: M-F 8AM-5PM
Pay: $36 – $38 per hour, depending on experience
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the daily functions of the maintenance personnel at one or more project sites ensuring the most effective allocation of resources.
- Performs maintenance management functions as directed by contract language, adhering to all contract schedules.
- Ensures proper information flow of work order data to the administrative section.
- Works directly with fleet management to respond to maintenance requirements.
- Prepares spreadsheets, special reports and summaries for the General Manager, Fleet Manager and the customer.
- Serves as a resource for subordinate personnel.
- Serves as the General Manager’s replacement in his/her absence.
- Any other duties to support operations.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 4 year degree in business or related field preferred.
- 4 years management or supervisory experience.
- Must have evidence of building solid relationships with superiors, peers, and subordinates.
- Excellent communication skills are required.
- Bringing demonstrated abilities to build and continuously motivate highly effective teams is also important.
- Must be computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Strong Mechanical / Maintenance background
- Must have experience in Automotive / Heavy equipment repairs.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen, DMV and background check.