Fuel Tank Assembler
Fuel Tank Assembler
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Fuel Tank Assembler for an opportunity in Georgetown, Delaware.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform complex and repetitive mechanical assembly operations requiring interpretation of blue prints, assembly layouts and sketches necessary to complete assembly and sub-assembly projects. Tasks are performed with minimal to no supervision.
- Assemble aircraft auxiliary fuel tanks and associated components in accordance with assembly drawings, engineering instructions and process standards.
- Use precision measuring instruments, pneumatic and electric power tools and basic hand tools in daily operations.
- Apply sealants, coatings and chemical conversions to parts and components, as necessary.
- Inspect for, and report all non-airworthy hardware, parts, components or articles.
- Check drawings, bill of materials and/or travelers to determine materials necessary for project completion; verify parts / part numbers prior to assembly process.
- Obtain and assemble necessary parts and hardware for assignment, coordinate with planning/procurement to requisition items, as needed.
- Conduct tank pressurization tests and evaluation of final product assembly.
- Complete all required documentation upon completion of project, prior to submitting to Quality Control.
- Promptly report any problems associated with carrying out work assignments including non-availability of parts, materials, improper work-flow, drawing discrepancies, etc.
- Inspect for, and report all non-airworthy / non-conforming hardware, components or parts.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment in accordance with company standards.
- Maintain and record accurate time accounting records in CIMA.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and safety standards.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Requires High School education, or equivalent reading, writing, and mathematical abilities.
- Three or more years of related experience in aircraft or sheet metal; experience in aircraft fuel cells / tanks desirable.
- Demonstrated capabilities and completion of training certification to process specifications related to Tank Assembly and Tank Component Assembly.
- Must possess the expertise and personal skills to provide direction to department team members.
- Solid understanding in the use of precision measuring instruments and basic tools needed within the department.
- Strong skills and aptitude in math.
- Ability to perform basic functions with MS Windows-based computer operating systems, such as opening and closing files.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.