Forklift Mechanic – $2000 Sign-on Bonus
LAUNCH TransTechs is seeking a Forklift Mechanic to be responsible for performing periodic maintenance, repair, replacement and troubleshooting on various models of material handling equipment. Must be proficient with data input or paperwork that is required to perform all job requirements.
Shift: M-F 6 am – 2:30 pm
Pay: $18 – $25 per hour depending on experience
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Repair, or replace major system components, including circuit boards and other electrical parts, hydraulic, mechanical, L.P. systems, power steering and transmissions, engines with limited supervision.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose most material handling equipment components.
- Perform engine tune-ups on most makes of equipment without supervision.
- Be able to troubleshoot and diagnose most complex electrical systems on IC and electric trucks.
- Perform and maintain proper battery maintenance on electric equipment.
- Be able to use and maintain all specialty trade tools properly.
- Operate service van in a clean, safe and secure manner following all required safety rules for the job.
- Follows all safety procedures in performing work as well as company policies and any other safety procedures. necessary to complete work assignments safely.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service skills.
- Properly identify and order all necessary replacement parts.
- Driving is an essential function of this position and a valid current driver’s license must be maintained at all times.
- Work with all departments and employees to ensure the quality of customer service.
- Report all accidents, injuries, safety violations and unsafe working conditions immediately.
- Account for all parts, materials, tools and consumables used as required.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High school diploma, G.E.D. or tech school graduate preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience in repair and maintenance on material handling equipment.
- Must have valid drivers license with an acceptable driving record (Minimum B CDL required).
- Must have own basic tools.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Read and understand electrical and hydraulic system schematics.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable assistance.
- Must be capable of becoming certified to operate the equipment.
- Must be willing and able to frequently push, pull, kneel, bend and reach.
- Basic Computer knowledge including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
- Exposure to Windows-based computer systems preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.