A&P Mechanic – Lear Crew Chief
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Lear Crew Chief with corporate jet repair experience for an opportunity in Houston, Texas.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Lead, A&P Mechanic (Embraer) performs routine maintenance and major inspections on turbofan and turboprop-powered corporate aircraft, to include troubleshooting, repair, and modification of aircraft components and engines. Coordinates and delegates assignments to technicians assigned to the aircraft or engine, and provides technical guidance to those technicians. Serves in lieu of the Crew Chief during his/her absences. May serve as a Delegated Inspector.
The Lead, A&P Mechanic is responsible for using sound judgment and technical aptitude to make decisions regarding maintenance, sequence and techniques, troubleshooting, and discrepancy resolution. The Lead, A&P Mechanic is technically competent on assigned aircraft/engines, and is expected to accomplish all of his/her duties with little or no supervision. Leads projects, and coaches and oversees the activities of the A&P Mechanic I-IV providing guidance and instruction on proper mechanical procedures and techniques. Customer satisfaction hinges upon sound decisions and expedient action on the part of Lead, A&P Mechanic. As customers are on site at the facilities, professional appearance and communication skills are required in order to create a positive and lasting professional relationship.
Qualifications and requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant License
- Minimum of 10 years experience as an A&P Mechanic in corporate aviation, Embraer experience preferred..
- Aviation training preferred. This training may take the form of military training, aeronautical academy or technical school training, and/or an Aviation Associates Degree. Factory authorized training on assigned aircraft or engines is preferred.
- Technical competency on assigned aircraft/engine(s).
- Analytical skills required to perform complex mechanical troubleshooting.
- History of demonstrating high levels of initiative in completing all job assignments, clearly following directions, and promoting teamwork within the department.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Sufficient leadership skills in order to be able to supervise others, train less experienced mechanics, and lead on road trips.
- Strong communication skills required, both verbal and written. Must have good interpersonal and verbal skills in order to interface with customers and employees.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.