A&P Mechanic – Lear
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Lear Crew Chief with corporate jet repair experience for an opportunity in Houston, Texas.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The A&P Mechanic is responsible for performing routine maintenance and major inspections on aircraft and engines. Trouble-shooting, repair, and modification of aircraft components and engines are accomplished by this position. Maintenance experience with Lear is required.
The A&P Mechanic is responsible for using sound judgment and technical aptitude to make decisions regarding maintenance, sequence, and techniques, troubleshooting, and discrepancy resolution.
Qualifications and requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- A valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) Certificate is required.
- Corporate aviation training preferred (3-5 years). This training may take the form of military training, aeronautical academy or technical school training and/or an Aviation Associates Degree.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds, walk, bend, stretch, and climb ladders.
- Must have proven mechanical and technical aptitude.
- Must have proven experience using a variety of hand and/or power tools.
- Analytical skills required to perform complex mechanical troubleshooting.
- Strong communication skills required, both verbal and written.
- Must have the ability to think clearly, speak intelligibly on the telephone and in person.
- Must have the ability to manipulate equipment of all sizes, tools, computer keyboards, and telephones.
- Must be able to see to disassemble and visually inspect.
- Must be able to hear to detect the sources of problems.
- Must have excellent hand-to-eye coordination.
- Must have good interpersonal and verbal skills in order to interface with customers and employees.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.