LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Operations Engineer for an opportunity in Houston, TX. Responsible for the build and test of Space Flight Hardware. Working with the program team and assigned Program Ops Manager (POM) this function effectively manages the manufacturing, testing, and delivery of the end product.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support new program proposals by estimating Manufacturing Engineering tasks, tooling costs and support development of manufacturing plans.
- Establish touch labor cost targets on shop/lab activities as requested.
- Define tool and gage requirements.
- Ensure adequate tools and gages are available when needed in the process.
- Provide support to all activities during the fabrication of the initial unit (first article) of each specific design to resolve processing problems.
- Review and implement engineering changes to determine feasibility, producibility and delta labor impact.
- The development of a detailed build and test procedures for laboratory personnel.
- Providing program status reports to the customer and upper management
- Assisting Purchasing during negotiations of major subcontracted items.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing Engineering or related curriculum.
- 10 years Manufacturing Engineering, planning, or related technical experience.
- Must be knowledgeable about Engineering configuration requirements, tooling, quality control, plant safety, blueprint reading, and shop math.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.