Avionics Test Technician
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Avionics Test Technicians with aerospace avionics experience for an opportunity at Huntsville, Alabama.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform a variety of tests using a variety of test processes and equipment.
- Perform Continuity Isolation testing on Cables, Harnesses and Panels using Automated Test Equipment such as DIT-MCO, MPT1000, CKT and WETECH or by manually performing checks with Digital Multi-meters (DMM) and Hi-Pots.
- Perform in circuit testing mainly using the MDA (Manufacturing Defect Analyzers) which is an Automatic Test Equipment (ATE).
- Perform functional test on electronic circuit boards and box level testing using a variety ATE’s or by performing manual functional tests setting up equipment such as Power Supplies, Function Generators, Signal Generators and taking measurements with DMM’s, Oscilloscopes, Logic Analyzers and RF equipment, and many other types of electronic equipment.
- Perform a variety of Environmental Stress Screening Test such as Thermal Cycle, Thermal Shock Thermal Vacuum and
- Vibration testing using a variety of thermal chambers & temperature controllers and vibration tables & controllers and accelerometers.
- Experience applying Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) processes to engineering development and manufacturing/production efforts
- Quality experience in a Defense or Space related program (e.g. NASA, DoD, etc.)
- Experienced performing environmental testing (thermal & vibration)
- Experience working with Automated Test Equipment
Qualifications and requirements:
- 3 years of Avionics experience.
Experience utilizing and following detailed work instructions, reading and interpreting blueprints, drawings, or specifications
Experience testing and troubleshooting electronics and electrical systems
Manufacturing experience strongly desired
Must be able to operate a computer
- Be safety conscious; employ the use of safety glasses, safety harnesses, respirators, boot socks, and other pertinent safety equipment 100% of the time.
Exhibit exemplary housekeeping and Foreign Object Debris (FOD) standards.
Maintain clean, neat, organized and FOD free work area.
Possess understanding and knowledge of basic computer systems and programs.
Ability to stand for long periods of time, and work in elevated and/or confined spaces as required.
Frequent overhead work may be required.
Frequent overtime may be required.
- Must be flexible and able to work independently.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH provides you with a real benefits package, including access to company-sponsored medical/dental insurance and a 401k program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.