LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Structural Engineer for an opportunity in Independence, OH.
Conduct structural analyses of Landing Gear and Systems components working within an integrated product development team reporting to the stress lead. Prepare static and fatigue analyses in support of drawing releases, development of qualification test requirements, and documentation of stress analyses for Customer review and MRB support. All analyses are to be prepared in compliance with the project stress philosophy documentation and applicable Corporate Engineering Manual requirements and methodologies. Contractor must adhere to Customer’s Proprietary Information Agreement and must be compliant with ITAR and other regulatory requirements.
Qualifications and Reequirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in mechanical/aerospace/structural engineering or related discipline with a minimum of 10 years of directly related stress analysis experience is required.
- Strong background of strength, stability and fatigue analyses of metallic primary structural components using both computer modeling and classical hand analysis methods is required
- Clear understanding of external loads, load paths and development of component and system free body diagrams is required.
- Proficient at using computing tools and programs including MS Office (Word, Excel) and Windows is required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills is required.
- Prior experience with ABAQUS or ANSYS FEA is required.
- Strong understanding of aerospace materials is desired.
- Working knowledge of CATIA V5 is desired.
- Prior use of PDM/PLM system (Smarteam, MatrixOne, Teamcenter) is desired.
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes is desired.
- Strong interpersonal skills is desired.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.