LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Chief Inspector with C&D check experience on Commercial aircraft for an opportunity in Inwood, New York.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure accurate and timely creation of work orders
- Conduct Preliminary, Hidden Damage, In-Progress and Final inspections/RTS of aircraft articles processed by the Repair Station (as authorized) and assuring proper recording of results
- Ensure compliance with pertinent FAA regulations, customer/air carrier requirements, manufacturer’s technical data and RSM/QCM
- Verify compliance with any applicable Airworthiness Directives, Service Bulletins and Approved Supplements
- Perform quality related duties delegated by the Chief Inspector/QA Manager and those identified in the RSQCM under inspector’s duties
- Accomplish routine and non-routine tasks independently
- Assist chief inspector to facilitate personnel training, when required
- Support the facility manager/staff with projects and/or programs as needed
- Create Shipping Documents
- Communicate with customers and regulatory agencies during audits or visits • Assist in Loading/Unloading vehicles
- Perform repairs when necessary
- Operate a forklift, when trained/qualified
- Ensure system security of our FAA approved electronic recordkeeping system regarding their area/s of responsibility
- Maintain safe and clean work environment
- Provide feedback/suggestion to improve customer satisfaction
Qualifications and requirements:
- Minimum 1 year of trade or aviation related industry experience.
- A&P or FAA repairman certificate (Part 65) required.
- Certified as a Forklift Driver is preferred
- Ability to work in a high activity/fast paced environment while managing associated stress
- Possesses excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently
- Strong analytical skills and come up with the best possible solution
- Problem-solving abilities
- Demonstrates ability to manage processes
- Knowledge of industry best practices
- Good communication verbal and written skills
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management and staff.
- Must have the minimum tools as required.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.