LAUNCH TransTechs is seeking a Diesel Mechanic to perform assigned vehicle maintenance related functions and facility maintenance to assist in maintaining school buses in safe, comfortable and like new operable condition in Jefferson Hills, PA.
Pay: $24.97 depending on experience
Diesel Mechanic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform assigned vehicle and facility maintenance related duties (e.g. vehicle washing, cleaning, fueling, oil changes, lubrication, light vehicle repair etc.) in a safe and timely manner.
- Arranges for and obtain appropriate inspections and approvals of all repairs before vehicle is released from maintenance facility.
- Maintains a safe, clean, productive and efficient work area including ensuring work area is in compliance with all relevant Federal, State/Provincial and local guidelines and requirements.
- Records time spent, parts used and repairs conducted on the appropriate form upon completion of assignment.
- Advises Supervisor immediately of unsafe maintenance conditions or practices.
- Receive training and hands-on experience to learn to perform the tasks of the trade safely and efficiently and obtain certification as a Technician.
- Any other duties as assigned to support operations.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 2+ years of related mechanic experience
- Equivalent of High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be able to pass DOT Physical.
- Must be able to pass FMCSA DOT Drug Screen.
- Must have own tools.
- Must have steel toe boots.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Must be able to pass CRIM & DMV Checks.
- Veterans are encouraged to apply particularly with the following MOS: 91A, 91B, 91D, 91H, 91L, 91M, 91P, 91S, 91X, 91Z
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.