Building Maintenance I
Building Maintenance Technician
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking building maintenance technicians with experience performing routine building maintenance tasks for an opportunity in Kansas City, Missouri.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Building Maintenance Technicians will perform routine building maintenance tasks. They assist in a variety of standard to moderately complex technical tasks related to light construction, maintaining and repairing mechanical systems, air compressors, fire systems and related building systems.
- Inspect facilities and grounds for problems, issues, opportunities, and report findings to lead/supervisor/manager.
- Assist in construction of shipping crates, aircraft shoring packages, etc., utilizing woodworking equipment
- Follow manufacturer’s recommendations to routinely inspect and test tools and equipment ensuring proper working condition
- Perform routine maintenance and/or simple repairs. Document all problems and report findings to lead/supervisor
- Perform and document routine facilities inspections, including eyewash stations, fire sprinkler system, fire extinguishers, hazardous waste room, etc.
- Assist in diagnosing and repairing malfunctioning electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment
- Provide basic preventative maintenance services to include lubing, changing oil, rewiring, etc., following proper lock out tag out procedures
- Identify and replace faulty electrical components (lights, sockets, cords, etc.), as directed
- Proactively support Site Services teams as required by team leadership
- Hang pictures, whiteboards and shelves as needed
- Install / relocate office and system furniture as required
- Repair, paint and refinish walls
- Regular and prompt attendance
- Effective and appropriate conduct with co-workers
Qualifications and requirements:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, code requirements, blueprints, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to complete paperwork and properly document work performed.
- Basic computer skills with working knowledge of software programs such as Outlook, Word, etc.
- Basic math skills.
- Must possess basic electrical and mechanical skills along with the ability to use the tools to complete the task.
- Must be able to understand and follow safety procedures, wear proper PPE, lock out/tag out equipment safely, work off ladders, obtain hot work permit, enter confined spaces, etc.
- Must be able to understand fire protection system.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.