LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Liasion Engineer for an opportunity in Kansas City, MO.
SUMMARY: Provide coordination between Operations and Engineering to ensure the most efficient and economical methods for repairs or modifications on aircraft or components during maintenance or modification programs. Duties will include accomplishment of task assignments from a Engr Ops Liaison II, development of engineering milestones for Operations and Engineering, and primary point of contact between Operations and Engineering to ensure consistent action in accordance with customer requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assists Operations Leads with review of all non-routines for possible Engineering Items.
· Works with Operations and Engineering Leaderships to determine Milestone Dates for all Engineering Support Requests (ESRs) in order to maintain the current aircraft schedule.
· Works with Operations to ensure only items that require Engineering are submitted to Engineering by researching engineering history files, customer standard engineering drawings, repairs, and all relevant approved references that may be used by maintenance without further engineering approval.
· Assists Operations with creating a complete ESR package to submit to Engineering including, but not limited to History Research, NDI, mapping, etc.
· Assists Operations in proper accomplishment of technical tasks and documentation of work performed.Reviews and submits all ESRs to Engineering.
· Works with Operations and Engineering to prioritize ESRs.
· Updates DAS Sheets with critical path Engineering items on daily basis by deadline.
· Reviews preliminary engineering replies with Operations to clear any concerns on the practicality of the repair and to assess required inspections and processes called in the repair.
· Assists Engineering Leadership in creating typical damage maps for future use.
· Provides primary point of contact between Operations and Engineering to ensure consistent action in accordance with customer requirements.
· Reviews existing technical data, technical drawings, and previous history for airframe structure; avionics, indication, lighting, and electrical systems; mechanical / hydraulic systems and components; engine pylon/struts; and landing gear.
· Interacts in a professional manner with members of internal and external organizations.
· Knows the proper use of all applicable customer, OEM, regulatory, and maintenance requirements.
· Regular and prompt attendance.
· Effective and appropriate conduct with co-workers.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with variables in an environment where limited standardization exists.
· Strong PC skills will include e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet, communications, operating systems, and basic computer drafting skills.
· Ability to understand Regulatory requirements for airworthiness, for the FAA and various foreign authorities (JAA, JAR, CAA, DGAC, CAAC, etc.) and include in engineering documents, drawings and designs.
· Ability to understand and promote the policies / procedures of ATS, and ATS Engineering.
· Ability to understand and apply the policies / procedures of all customer(s).
· Ability to understand and apply information from Structural Repair Manuals (SRMs), Aircraft Maintenance Manuals (MMs), Illustrated Parts Catalogs (IPCs), Service Bulletins (SBs) and other aircraft reference materials.
· Interpretation and use of aircraft manufacturing, assembly and installation drawings.
· Assertive communication skills are required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Six years related experience and/or training with at least two years in a Lead Mechanic or Master Mechanic role ; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have extensive knowledge of all areas of the aircraft as well as basic knowledge of engineering practices and principles. Airframe and/or Powerplant license required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.