Allison Transmission Mechanic
Pay: $31.25 per hour
Equipment: Class 6, 7, 8 Vehicles
* Climate Controlled Shop
* Frequent travel to customers’ locations in the area
LAUNCH TransTechs is seeking a Journey Level Chassis Tech to conduct maintenance, troubleshoot, repair and overhaul transmissions.
Transmission Mechanic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diagnose and repair Allison Electric Drive Transmissions and all current On Highway Allison Transmission models.
- Perform overhaul and dyno testing of finished products.
- Travel to customer jobsites and provide service and repairs when necessary.
- Document and warranty failures per Allison factory requirements.
- Produce professional service reports for all repairs.
- Perform all work in accordance with established safety procedures. Maintain a clean, organized and safe work environment.
- Proficient at all phases of troubleshooting, repair, and rebuilding of Allison Transmissions to factory specifications.
- Ability to diagnose and repair electrical systems utilizing OEM computer based tools, DVOM and other diagnostic tools as necessary.
- Competence with Allison DOC and Allison reprogramming applications.
- Knowledge of basic diesel engine operation and how it relates to vehicle performance, Detroit, Cummins, CAT certifications a plus.
- Ability to perform diagnosis and repairs to related commercial vehicle powertrain components (engine, chassis, etc)
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively- independently or in a team.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills. Superior communication skills- written and verbal.
- Ability to build and maintain excellent customer, vendor and factory relationships.
- Basic computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
Transmission Mechanic Requirements:
- 3-5 Years experience at Allison Dealer or Distributor level.
- Allison certified training for On Highway Models (1K, 2K,3K,4K minimum).
- Allison AED training certificates and experience a plus.
- Off Hwy Allison certifications a plus.
- Current Driver’s license with good driving record.
- Class B CDL preferred.
- Must furnish steel toe boots.
- Must have own set of tools.