TransTechs - Diesel Mechanic
Shift: M-F 1st
Pay: $20-$32 per hour, depending on experience
Diesel Mechanic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform a variety of skilled duties which may involve inspection, diagnosis, troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair of hydraulic brake systems, suspension, front-end and steering systems, tire changes, and engine components and trailers.
- Service equipment as required to ensure proper operating condition at the job site.
- Operate equipment such as booms, forklifts, compressors, portable and stationary generators, hydraulic and electrical tools and equipment, and related tools and equipment.
- Satisfy in a timely manner, all required documentation, timesheets, checklists, receiving records and repair order logs.
- Conduct preventative maintenance as required to ensure the timely and accurate completion of preventative maintenance activities.
- Clean work vehicle and work area as necessary to maintain a safe work environment.
- Meet all company, governmental and equipment related safety requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Transportation management team or authorized personnel Work with management team to identify problems and develop solutions.
- Maintain supplies inventory and purchase parts.
Diesel Mechanic Qualifications and Requirements:
- 5+ years’ experience as an automotive heavy equipment/diesel mechanic.
- High school diploma or Vocational Training and/ or Technical Certificate
- Experience performing industrial lift and/or aerial equipment repairs preferred
- Mus have own set of tools.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in person and in writing with drivers, supervisors, and individuals at all levels of the company
- Ability to read and interpret specification and manuals and accurately complete service-related documents and paperwork
- Required the ability to lift, push, or pull and move up to 70 pounds.
- Must be dependable and report to work on time.
- Must be able to perform basic computer operations.