Journey Level Transmission Technician
Journey Level Transmission Tech
Shift: M-F 1st 7AM-3PM
Pay: $31.25 per hour, depending on experience
Journey Level Transmission Tech Duties:
- Diagnose and repair Allison Electric Drive Transmissions and all current “on-highway” models of Allison Transmissions.
- Conduct overhaul and dyno testing finished products.
- Perform routine maintenance and inspections.
- Inspect and qualify parts for re-use, using Allison Transmission guidelines.
- Use overhead crane, hydraulic press, forklift, etc.
Journey Level Transmission Tech Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED
- 2+ years’ experience in comparable industrial/engine/automobile repair industry
- Associates Degree (AA) or certificate from a technical school (preferred)
- Ability to read and use schematics and technical diagrams
- Ability to test lines, components, and connections using electrical, mechanical and hydraulic test equipment
- Knowledge and ability to accurately use a DVOM and other testing equipment
- Basic computer skills (MS Office, emails, typing, etc.) and familiar with programming TCM’s and ECU’s.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to write clearly and concisely
- Allison certified on H40/50 Electric Drive on 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000 required
- Strong skills in diagnostics, troubleshooting, and electrical repair
- Detroit Diesel, Cummins, and Caterpillar engine training/certifications and experience is a plus.
- Mechanical/technical and truck chassis experience and/or trade school is a plus.
- Must have a valid driver’s license. CDL preferred.
- Must have own set of tools.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Benefts include: Comprehensive benefit package consisting of medical, dental, and vision insurance, flexible spending account participation, Paid Time Off (“PTO”), as well as company-paid holidays, and a generous 401K match program.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status