Sr. Project Manager
Sr. Project Manager
Shift: M-F 1st
Pay: $48 per hour
LAUNCH TransTechs is looking for a Sr Project Manager in Kent, WA with power generation systems, and strong project management skills experience. This position is an integral part of the sales team requiring detailed knowledge, control and execution over all aspects of the delegated projects.
Comprehensive benefits package consisting of medical, dental, and vision insurance, flexible spending account participation, Paid Time Off (“PTO”), as well as company-paid holidays, and a generous 401K match program.
Project Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
- Expert level regarding knowledge and application of power generation mechanical and electric/electronic systems Act as a technical resource for sales and service staff.
- Project levels will include examples such as:
- COGEN, including integrated plant CO/BMS systems, waste heat recovery, distributed power generation, gas treatment and exhaust after- treatment.
- Large scale multiple unit data center or health care (hospitals) Prime Power plants with exhaust gas after-treatment and complex paralleling/load management systems
- Genset builds including engineering suitable skids, specifying cooling system, integrated control systems
- End-result is to manage project to meet or exceed customer expectation for deliverables and technical content.
- Project details: Schedule project turn over to determine full scope of supply
- Establish project milestone with all details including buy out/delivery to support schedule.
- Actively manage project schedule during the life of the project
- Technical risk and engineering application requirements
- Commercial, manage project to maintain and or improve profit margins
- Define and buyout of required items
- Increase profitability by negotiating and buying strategies
- Buyout of all items
- Customer change orders
- Oversight and manage PPG labor hours
- Final review of project costing at invoice and project close out
- Shop work- detailed instructions and daily oversight to confirm compliance to requirements and labor estimates
- Delivery including complete detailed shipping docs
- Startup and commissioning, schedule with PPG tech and customer, test plan, confirmation of result, resolution of discrepancies and close out docs
- Customer support
- Drawings, installation, technical, operators and maintenance manuals
- Maintain active task list for all assigned projects for periodic review with manager.
- Maintain engineering files of active projects with most current documentation.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a university or accredited college; or minimum of 10 years’ experience; or combination thereof.
- General Office Skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel, must have good organizational skills along with a good understanding of diesel engines and application of diesel engines.
- Good communication skills are required.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status