LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Composite Technicians for an opportunity in Kinston, NC.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lays out, assembles, pre-fits, and bonds a variety of metal, composite or laminate fabrications, assemblies, parts, skins or equipment.
- Follows engineering and manufacturing specifications and orders to determine parts to be bonded and the temperature and pressure required.
- Cuts parts or materials to size.
- Operates autoclave, hydraulic presses and ovens to complete the bonding cycle.
- Sands, burrs and smoothes over areas.
- Applies sealing resins to cut or exposed edges.
- Process methods and sequences vary depending on compounds, contours and lay-up transitions.
- May perform complicated rework or repair.
- May monitor and verify quality in accordance with controlled procedures. T
- The Company will provide appropriate assistance in job training to enable employees to perform all necessary job functions including the following: Utilize lay-up tools, which include both optical and hand tools, in the fabrication of composite and metal assemblies.
- Obtain required information from prints, charts, sketches, work orders, documents, verbal and electronic information.
- Use shop mathematics and precision measuring instruments to complete work assignments.
- Must verify work performed is per work instruction and meets process and/or engineering specification.
- Ensure equipment and tool certification occurs per procedure.
- Use and control of solvents and cleaning solutions in the preparation of details, tools, and assemblies for bonding and paint per established procedures.
- Perform routine minor machine maintenance as part of their daily work duties.
- Routinely move product within the immediate manufacturing work area, including across aisle, using shop assigned equipment as required and complete any actions necessary to move product to the next operation.
- On an exception basis,moves product to the next operation within a building.
- Support the continuous flow of product within the manufacturing process by training and assisting other employees.
- Trains to become MVP qualified.
Qualifications and requirements:
- 2+ years of aircraft composites experience.
- Must be able to start ASAP.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH provides you with a real benefits package, including access to company-sponsored medical/dental insurance and a 401k program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.