LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking former Military Mechanics with Aircraft Welding experience for an opportunity in Lake City, FL.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Welder is responsible to perform welding maintenance and/or repairs within estimated time and in accordance with applicable customer, FAA, and customer standards of quality. This includes organizing his/her work plan in an efficient and resourceful manner. The Welder is responsible to work in a safe manner, eliminating waste, and delivering a quality product on time.
- Perform such typical welding operations where standard methods and practices exist including but not limited to: tungsten inert gas welding, metallic arc welding, oxyacetylene cutting, welding and basic layout.
- Use and operate all hand tools and machinery associated with the welding shop.
- Follow all applicable specifications to accomplish a specific task.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Perform work within estimated hours.
- Follow all safety procedures and specifications.
- Execute all required paperwork in connection with assigned normal duties.
- Use and operate ground support equipment, as applicable and if qualified, in a safe manner.
- Work with little or no supervision and accomplish assignments with little or no rework.
- Assist other employees in the performance of their job assignments through coaching, counseling, and guidance.
- Interface effectively with members of management, other departments, and co-workers.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Must have 2+ years of experience in welding or a recent graduate of a certified welding program.
- Maintains current knowledge of and complies with customer/Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- Must be able to write descriptive statements concerning the condition of the assemblies being worked on.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.