LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Project Manager for an opportunity in Lake City, FL.
The Project Manager is responsible for creating and maintaining a safe work environment, managing costs and delivering a quality aircraft/project on time. The Project Manager helps develop and manage a budget. His/her job responsibilities involve total control of the aircraft, which he/she has been assigned. The Project Manager retains a consistent crew unless workload in other areas dictates differently, which he/she will coordinate with the Director of Maintenance and other Project Managers. Perform work within budgeted time , FAA and our customer’s standards of quality. Leads assigned to his/her project will report directly to the Project Manager.
Essential Job Duties:
- Maintain control of the aircraft’s approved schedule, quality and rework, flow execution, budget and timely delivery of the program.
- Promote quality performance, positive financial results, safe work environment and on-time deliveries.
- Prepare and present daily status briefings on all aircraft assigned to include delivery, man-hour and budget status in conjunction with the Production Control Supervisor. Complete ADS reporting daily and note critical parts.
- Hold shift transition meetings with Business Planner, Lead, Production Control Supervisor, Lead and Material Specialist at the beginning of each shift and post updated scripts as needed
- Authorize expedited parts orders.
- Review work plan with Production Control Supervisor to ensure goals are aligned for each shift.
- Coordinate delivery of the aircraft back to our customer.
- Complete off-aircraft parts inspection by end of the primary inspection.
- Complete post-primary review with Production Control Manager to review the budget summary as needed.
- Ensure proper scheduling of manpower and proper skill levels through coordination with Production Control for all functions necessary to meet company objectives.
- Coordinate with the Inspection department to assure maintenance is performed in accordance with accepted standards.
- Coordinate with GSE to ensure the required flow of necessary equipment and parts, making recommendations to the Director of Maintenance for improvement of production operations.
- Work through subordinates to ensure proper completion of all required records.
- Maintain the repair station premises in a clean and orderly manner, including reporting unsatisfactory routine janitorial cleanup or maintenance services performed by Facilities Maintenance and assuring proper work area clean up by the workers.
- Ensure preservation of all units or parts during the maintenance process and after work is complete.
- Initiate requisitions for stock and material as required through coordination with the Director of Maintenance and scheduling priorities.
- Answer Corrective Action Requests as required. Complete root cause analyses and determine acceptable solutions.
- Provide a focal point for all communications relative to assigned projects.
- Act as back-up to the Director of Maintenance for responsibility of the scrap materials program.
- Provide coaching, counseling and guidance to assigned work groups.
- Promote a culture of safety by monitoring self and others to assure all duties are performed within the guidelines as specified by the HAECO Safety Manual.
- Assure personnel are treated equally and fairly in accordance with Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Build and promote positive employee morale.
- Be authorized to act on behalf of the repair station.
- Perform other duties as instructed by the Director of Maintenance.
The Project Manager is accountable to the Director of Maintenance for performing daily assignments in a timely, accurate and professional manner.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years experience n aircraft maintenance with a minimum of ten (10) years supervisory experience.
- Airframe and Powerplant License.
- Two (2) years experience as a Lead or Business Planner
- Capable of interpreting drawings and blueprints to accomplish a specific task.
- Have leadership, communications, and people skills and the ability to accept responsibility.
- Read, write and understand the English language.
- Subject to continual loud noises.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, stand for prolonged periods of time, climb stairs, ladders and/or service stands.
- Normal or corrected hearing.
- Visual acuity must be a minimum of 20/40 corrected and must be able to distinguish color.
- Must be able to breath through a full face respirator.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.