1st Shift Quality Engineer
1st Shift Quality Engineer
A large client of ours up in Lake Zurich is looking for a 1st Shift Quality Engineer. They will be working from 7AM to 4:30PM, Monday through Friday and annual salary is starting at 70K p/year and can go higher depending on experience. The ideal candidate would have 5 years of experience within the Aerospace and Manufacturing industry. A few must haves are:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Chair Project Management of new AS program launches for aerospace utilizing APQP through Contract Review to FAIR.
- Act as an interface for Quality for Aerospace customers and products.
- Qualify, manage and control sub-contractors quality program to ensure conformity of purchased material, and services through annual supplier audits/visits.
- Assist quoting of new Aerospace programs with the interpretation of product requirements and identification of subcontractors to perform outside operations.
- Management and completion of Aerospace FAIR’s in Net Inspect and customer portals.
- Customer Liaison for Aerospace quality and customer satisfaction related issues.
- Provide cross-functional leadership of the Corrective Action process addressing product non-conformances and safety for aerospace customers.
- Designs and implements aerospace quality training programs to AS9100 and customer requirements to key personnel in conjunction with managers.
- Plays active role on quality management teams within organization.
- Development of relevant manufacturing process documentation such as Control Plans, PFMEA and Process Flows.
- Complete contract review of new AS customer orders with cross-functional team assuring that the customer needs and requirements can be met.
- Assist in the creation of print files and process routing for production.
- Responsible for Aerospace Self Release Designate(s) and Completion of FAIR’s.
- Ability to create effective written and verbal instructions
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Access)
- Advanced blueprint reading & understanding of GD&T
- Strong knowledge of quality practices
- Proper measuring techniques with a variety of gages
- Knowledge of ferrous and/or non-ferrous materials
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Strong project management skills utilizing APQP with a proven track record for new product introduction.
COURSEWORK OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering discipline preferred
- 5 years prior quality experience required in an aerospace component manufacturer
- Prior manufacturing experience in a machining job shop preferred
- Ability to meet color vision examination and near vision to 20/25 corrected
- Knowledge of FAA & DOD regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of AIAG tools (APQP, FMEA, control plan)
- ASQ certified quality engineer desired
- Understanding of AS9100, certification as internal auditor at a minimum preferred