LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking an Accounting Manager – Aerospace for an opportunity in Long Beach, CA.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As Accounting Manager, you will ensure that your team quickly and adequately performs at an optimal level. It is a very engaging job that requires you to have solid knowledge of accounting and tax regulations. Having a high level of detail and accuracy along with the ability to evaluate and improve processes are also important in this role. you will assist with the review of all General Ledger Accounts and support any internal or external audits related to the team. Lastly, you will support the relationships between internal partners such as the Financial Planning & Analysis team, Accounting, Tax, and Internal Control.
You will also:
- Oversee invoice and payment processing, EDI processing, annual 1099 regulatory filings and corporate card administration and management.
- Manage monthly posting and closing of month end processes which includes reconciliations of A/P accounts and determining appropriate accruals.
- Develop, monitor and analyze key monthly metrics
- Analyze accounts payable workflow efficiencies and determine future automation capabilities
- Develops, implements and upgrades accounts payable interfaces and controls.
- Manage and develop team members for continuous growth and productivity.
- Maintains and implements the system of internal controls to safeguard company assets adequately; make recommendations for improvement
- Other job-related duties as assigned
YOUR BACKGROUND (Requirements):
You bring a background of handling extremely confidential information and display the highest level of ethical conduct. Because you will interact with various departments and outside vendors, the Accounting Manager will also be customer and client focused providing a superior level of service. We are looking for you to have the following background:
- CPA preferred. Highly preferred if has a background in the aviation OEMs.
- Associates degree or higher and 7-10 years of relevant accounting experience and 3 to 5 years of accounts payable supervisory experience; or equivalent combination of education and work experience. Multi-location or retail experience is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Professional Series (Excel, Word and Outlook) and the ability to quickly learn and use job-specific computer programs such as QuickBooks, SAP etc.
- Proficiency in financial accounting required
- Excellent planning and organization skills, with attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Ability to evaluate and improve processes