Aviation Security Manager
Aviation Security Manager
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking an Aviation Security Manager in Los Angeles, CA.
Under the general supervision of the Manager – Security Operations, the incumbent represents the Corporate Security Department and is based in Los Angeles (LAX) The Security Manager position in LAX is responsible for the California, Hawaii and South West U.S. This position also serves as primary back up for the Pacific Northwest and Mountain Regions.
- Review and completion of risk assessments and development of mitigation strategies.
- Continually assess changes that may affect the station’s risk classification and make adjustments to risk mitigation strategy as necessary.
- Provide oversight of company security vendors, ensuring proper application and compliance with TSA and local government security standards.
- Perform intelligence gathering, evaluation and dissemination to Senior Security Management as necessary.
- Develop station specific security business plans incorporating corporate and regulatory requirements, as well as, identified vulnerabilities and mitigation strategies.
- Assist local management and other personnel within area of responsibility (AOR) with loss prevention, compliance, corrective action, fine mitigation, and other programs / processes as required.
- Develop and maintain contacts with local airport, airline, federal, and local law enforcement officials within the area of responsibility (AOR).
- Coordinate with other business partner security departments as necessary.
- Attend airport and government (TSA, CBP) meetings.
- Enhance the security of Delta’s assets through continuous improvements of programs and processes.
- Coordinate emergency response within area of responsibility (AOR).
- Develop, support, and track budget issues for area of responsibility (AOR).
- Conduct passenger misconduct and work place violence investigations as necessary.
- Plan, organize, and conduct investigations of alleged suspected violations of law, compliance regulations, fraud, and company policy.
- Interview employees and business partners, document investigations with evidence so that criminal and/or civil procedures are facilitated.
- Prepare clear, comprehensive, and cohesive investigative reports of findings to Leadership, Human Resources, and Legal department.
- Coordinate investigative activity with other foreign, federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies as needed.
- Testify before grand juries, courts, and administrative hearings on investigation results as required.
- Participate in joint task forces and emergency response exercises as required.
- Practice safety and security conscious behaviors in all aspects of job responsibilities.
- College degree or relevant work experience preferred.
- Five to ten years in aviation operations, security, law enforcement or similar background required.
- Relevant work experience must possess one or more of the following: loss prevention, compliance, corrective action, fine mitigation, risk assessment, and/or other security programs.
- Any foreign language skills are a plus.
- Knowledge of Security, principles and practices.
- Knowledge of law enforcement principles and practices.
- Knowledge of aviation operations, aviation security, or similar security background.
- Knowledge of corporate security practices and security regulations of TSA, CBP, ICE, CATSA, and other foreign governments.
- Understands trends in the worldwide security environment regarding terrorism/counter terrorism and aviation.
- Must demonstrate professional/ethical behavior in all roles, tasks and responsibilities.
- Must obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance (Must be a U.S. Citizen).
- Must be able to pass and maintain a clear criminal history records check.
- Must have five (5) to ten (10) years of experience in Aviation Operations, Law Enforcement, Security, or similar background.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Must be willing and able to travel to all company’s Cities served worldwide.
- Must be able to support irregular and long hours due to operational needs.
- Must be able to support on-call requirements in support of a 24 by 7 operation.
- Must be able to work well with people of various backgrounds and all levels of management.
- Must be able to multi task, provide high quality reliable results under stressful situations in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook), Deltamatic, Internet / Intranet and related security tools.
- Ability to meet deadlines and pay attention to detail in a busy and stressful environment with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and reasoning in determining how to effectively deal with specific situations and problems.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Ability to write routine correspondence.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Honesty/Integrity/Ethical Standards – Ability to maintain high moral standards and be honest and ethical in performance of job duties.
- Diversity – Ability to work in a friendly, respectful, and professional manner with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, disability and etc.
Apply to be considered for this Aviation Security Manager opportunity in Los Angeles, CA. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match.