LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Quality Engineers for an opportunity in McMinnville, OR.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Quality Engineer (MQE) acts as the primary contact at the Site for all zero defect activities. This is a “hands on” role and the QE will identify and drive key A3 problem solving projects to improve first pass yield, rework and scrap issues.
The QE will ensure the day to day project execution & coordination at the manufacturing site. Will be a Subject matter Expert (SME) for Zero Defects improvement & quality system projects (PFMEA, DFMEA, 8D, SPC, MSA, CP etc.)
The site QE activities are focused on product and process performance, supporting both new programmes and current production. The ZD site engineer will provide the link between Group Quality, Site and interaction with all functions.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Have excellent knowledge of core zero defect engineering tools (i.e. DFMEA, PFMEA, MSA, SPC, PPAP, APQP, and 8D)
- Conduct best practice containment actions as a first step
- Conduct and review site Manufacturing Process reviews and assessments
- Drive open issues at the sites to resolution using appropriate problem-solving tools
- Develop Zero Defect plan to eliminate defects
- Schedule and conduct reviews with site management as required
- Conduct capacity verification process and verify production trial runs
- Drive capability (Ppk & Cpk)
- Ensure completion of flawless launch initiatives
- Support management meetings as required
- Provide on-site assistance as required
- Analyse capacity, yields, capability & drive improvement
- Support Fresh Eyes reviews as required 8-D / Concern Resolution
- Ensure governance is robust and timely
- Carry out ZD training as required
Qualifications and requirements:
- 9+ years as an aerospace quality engineer
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work in multi-functional teams including suppliers, to exact deadlines and often under pressure.
- Working knowledge of problem solving tools and techniques.
- New part Introduction, Project Management, problem solving/resolution tools and techniques all within an aerospace environment
- Conversant with the suite of Microsoft Office software packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- HNC/D or degree (preferred but not essential), in a relevant discipline (engineering / manufacturing based).
- PPAP experience including FAI
- Knowledge of statistical techniques is an advantage.
- Knowledge of aerospace industry standards and regulations
- Preferred formal continuous improvement qualification (green or black belt)
- Flexible and prepared to travel on a frequent basis
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.