LAUNCH TransTechs is searching for a skilled Diesel Mechanic to work in Meriden, CT running diagnostics on electrical systems and starting and charging systems.
Pay: $20-$30 per hour, depending on experience
Shift: M – F, 7 am -3:30 pm
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preventative and routine maintenance on diesel-powered equipment.
- Able to perform scheduled services on drivetrains.
- Able to perform diagnostics on electrical systems.
- Able to perform diagnostics on starting and charging systems.
- Prepare necessary records pertaining to work performed.
- Provide technician guidance or support to peers if needed.
- Complete repairs with limited supervisor.
- Weld when necessary: arc welding, MIG, and alum welding.
- Develop analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Follow safety procedures and guidelines.
- Other duties as required to support operations.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- The equivalent of high school diploma and 5+ years of diesel mechanic heavy diesel experience.
- Experience working on Freightliner, Hino, Mack, GMC, Mitsubishi, CAT, Bobcat, air compressors, skid steers and/or lift equipment a plus.
- Good communication skills, excellent customer service skills.
- Must have own steel toe boots.
- Must have own tools.
- CDL – preferred but not required.
- Must be able to pass DMV/MVR check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.