LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Assembly Technicians with aerospace structural experience for an opportunity in Mesa, Arizona
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Assemble, modify and install aircraft structural assemblies, subassemblies, and structures on aircraft systems. Identify nonconforming parts, conditions and manufacturing processes. Work with engineering to improve manufacturing processes.
- Assemble aircraft structures or aircraft support equipment with or without the aid of jigs andb fixtures by drilling, filing, filling, reaming, countersinking, burring and fastening using various hand tools as well as electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment.
- Shim, fit, trim and align structural assemblies and subassemblies that vary considerably from one Assembly to another as with fairings and the mating of major assemblies callouts, butt, station and water lines; blind pick up of hole locations for blank parts from existing structure; correcting skin canning conditions, buckles, wrinkles in outer skins and
remove surface defects as assigned.
- Assemble, install, rework, repair and modify aircraft structural, mechanical or electrical assemblies, subassemblies, components, systems, and airframe structures on aircraft systems following manufacturing planning, blueprints, schematics, process specifications, repair and rework sketches, written and oral instructions.
- Ensure all assemblies and detail parts are free of Foreign Object Debris (FOD) and nonconformances issues. Check units for compliance using hand held precision measuring equipment, such as calipers, micrometers, height gauges and scales.
- Report all non-conformances to manufacturing supervision or corrective action representative.
Prepare rejection tags noting deviations from specifications on dimensions, finishes, material, processes, or quality when required.
- Follow all safety procedures and reports unsafe conditions to safety officials or manufacturing supervision.
- Report on job status and restraints to coworkers and supervision.
- Identify production inefficiencies and suggests potential improvements to product or process.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Knowledgeable and skilled in basic sheet metal, riveting, assembly methods and commonshop practices.
- Knowledgeable and able to interpret and work from blueprints, sketches and written and verbal instructions.
- Knowledgeable and able to apply shop math.
- Knowledgeable and able to use computer systems for office and shop applications.
- Skilled in listening and interpersonal participation, and able to work with others as part of a team which includes giving and receiving feedback, and assisting others in completion of
- Able to complete and maintain all required training and certifications needed to do your job efficiently.
- Able to work in confined spaces requiring kneeling, crawling, climbing, and bending.
Must be able but not limited to Drill close tolerance holes in composites, Tool indexing, Gap measurement.
Ability to read and understand blueprints, drawings, schematics, engineering dispositions and instructions.
Be safety conscious; employ the use of safety glasses, safety harnesses, respirators, boot socks, and other pertinent safety equipment 100% of the time.
Exhibit exemplary housekeeping and Foreign Object Debris (FOD) standards.
Maintain clean, neat, organized and FOD free work area.
Possess understanding and knowledge of basic computer systems and programs.
Ability to stand for long periods of time, and work in elevated and/or confined spaces as required.
Frequent overhead work may be required.
Frequent overtime may be required.
- Must be flexible and able to work independently.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH provides you with a real benefits package, including access to company-sponsored medical/dental insurance and a 401k program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.