LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Machinists with aerospace structural experience for an opportunity at Mesa, AZ.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Set up, operate, and adjust, all types of manual mills, jig bores and grinders by following manufacturing planning, blueprints, schematics, process specifications, engineering sketches, written and oral instructions. Prepare and make adjustments to make machines ready for operation. Make adjustments during machining cycles and install various types of cutting tools to obtain desired results. Sequence and layout work and perform any bench work necessary to finish parts to quality specifications. Design and build holding fixtures to secure product during the machining process. Set up machines and dimensionally check cutting tools and/or parts for conformance to blueprints and specifications using measuring instruments, gauges and tools. Ensure all assemblies and detail parts are free of Foreign Object Debris (FOD) and nonconformances issues. Check units for compliance using hand held precision measuring equipment, such as calipers, micrometers, height gages and scales. Report all non-conformances to manufacturing supervision or corrective action representative. Prepare rejection tags noting deviations from specifications on dimensions, finishes, material, processes, or quality when required. Follow all safety procedures and reports unsafe conditions to safety officials or manufacturing supervision. Reports job status and restraints to coworkers and supervision. Identifies production inefficiencies and suggests potential improvements to product or process.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Knowledgeable in machine shop processes, geometric dimensioning & tolerances, and
machining capabilities of different types of materials (e.g., cutting speed and feed rates for
material being machined).
- Knowledgeable of machine capabilities & limitations, identifying and resolving problems such as unusual sounds or vibrations in the machinery, changes in offset
values, and worn cutters/tool inserts.
- Knowledgeable and able to interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, sketches and written and verbal instructions.
- Knowledgeable and able to apply mathematics including practical math, algebra, geometry and trigonometry.
- Knowledgeable and able to use computer systems for office and shop applications
- Knowledgeable in safe working practices, emergency procedures and possible dangerous situations.
- Knowledgeable and able to use computer systems for office and shop applications (e.g.,drawings, specifications and other online information systems).
- Skilled in listening and interpersonal participation, and able to work with others as part of a team which includes giving and receiving feedback, and assisting others in completion of
- Able to use various types of hand tools and/or hand-held power tools.
- Able to work close tolerances +/- .0002 on hardened materials using jig bore, surface grinder, and hone.
- Able to complete and maintain all required training and certifications needed to do your job efficiently.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH provides you with a real benefits package, including access to company-sponsored medical/dental insurance and a 401k program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.