The Sr. Technical Manager plays a key role in the management of turbine engines and Auxiliary Power Unit (APU) assets including on-wing and removed sale/lease/repair units. The purpose of this position is to provide daily technical and budget oversight, support, and tracking of internal and external (vendor and customer) maintenance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESONSIBILITIES
- Manage and track daily Engine and APU removals and installations.
- Develop and maintain status reports for Engine and APU assets consistent with Company and customer requirements.
- Perform technical reviews of MPA runs and provide technical recommendations along with green time assessment.
- Perform technical review of borescope inspection results.
- Review and Track Engine and APU preservation status and plan appropriate preservation renewal schedules.
- Develop AD Status Report Templates by Engine and APU model as required to support purchased engines and third party engine management.
- Develop Special Inspection Report Templates by Engine and APU model as required to customer requirements.
- Manage technical and commercial aspects of putting an engine through the repair process.
- Review engine material requirements to maximize the utilization of Kellstrom Aerospace inventory as well as control costs.
- Provide shop visit logistics support for Engines, APUs, and Company supplied parts.
- Review preliminary and final shop visit invoices for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with vendor terms.
- Provide disposition of parts scrapped during shop visit.
- Manage and maintain a listing of Basic Engine and QEC LRU’s by engine model that are to remain available to support Company internal and external maintenance activities
- Coordinate evaluation of customer compliance with Engine and APU lease return requirements
- Review and analyze ECM data, test data, video borescope, shop records to determine engine health
- Ability to provide deterioration expectation and remaining TBO “green-time”
- Contract negotiation (i.e.; GTA, NTE agreements)
- Accomplish other duties as assigned
- Manages a team of 1-2 employees
- Responsible for direction, coordination and evaluation of these subordinates.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, developing, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
BSME Degree and minimum three years’ experience working in a PowerPlant engineering capacity or equivalent combination of education and experience. Exhibits a high level of competence in commercial turbine engines (APU’s CFM56, V2500, CF6-80-C2, PW2000/4000, GE90, and GEnx). Experience with turbine engine on-wing and test cell troubleshooting.