LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking an Aerospace Engineer for an opportunity in Minneapolis. MN.
Perform a variety of engineering work, primarily developing the design/repair of aircraft composite and/or sheet-metal components used on a fleet of aircraft made up of multiple aircraft manufacturers. Supports other various shops including the oxygen bottle shop. The successful candidate serves as an engineer driving commercial aircraft component repair compliance projects. This position works very closely with component engineering, fleet engineering, internal shops, external vendors and MRO customers.
The position will undertake tasks including but not limited to:
- Repair design and substantiation. Reviewing data and recommending/implementing changes, as required, to improve aircraft reliability.
- Reviewing, recommending, and implementing manufacturers’ service bulletins and other correspondence to affected fleets.
- Maintains compliance with applicable FAA, DOT, OSHA and EPA regulations, foreign regulatory requirements and Delta’s Technical Operations Policy and Procedures (TOPP) and all other engineering processes.
- Providing status for projects/issues through various briefings and documentation (i.e. Fleet Briefs, Quarterly Business Review, and applicable monthly reports). Revising/developing numerous FAA approved Manuals and Engineering Reports.
- Collaboration and communication with Manufacturers and the FAA ACO and FSDO/CMO may be required
- Irregular shift hours may be required, on rare occasion, due to critical requirements. This may include weekend work depending on criticality of the issue.
- Minimal travel is required to support the programs (less than 10%).
- This position will focus on composite & sheet-metal component structures of an aircraft and other general shop support. Areas of knowledge will include composites, sheet metal, and oxygen bottles.
- This position reports to a lead engineer and the Manager of Component Engineering.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, mechanical or aerospace preferred, up to five (5) years experience.
- Aircraft repair knowledge preferred, specifically composite and sheet metal repair experience.
- Previous airline, military, OEM or MRO experience with commercial aircraft is preferred.
- Familiarity with airline flight operations and support systems, 14 CFR 121 dispatch regulations and 14 CFR 145 repair station regulations are desired.
- Must have strong customer service orientation and relationship management skills, strong project management skills; written and verbal communication skills; multi-tasking abilities; proven results-orientation; and strong analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products and AUTOCAD, or similar, is desired.
- Must be able to work with senior team members to drive solutions for component repairs and be willing to learn in a dynamic environment.
- Accurately anticipates the not so obvious impact of various solutions to technical problems.
- Provides feasible alternatives to solve complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.