Maintenance Utility Worker I
LAUNCH Aviation Jobs
Maintenance Utility Worker
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Job Summary: The Maintenance Utility Worker (MUE1) will assist in the processing of aircraft parts to help support Engine Maintenance’s goals and objectives. In addition, this worker maintains the physical condition of equipment / facilities. They utilize appropriate detergents, solutions, and media equipment to effectively and efficiently accomplish shop / aircraft related functions, such as but not limited to; parts transportation, parts cleaning and processing parts. Candidates will be required to learn all maintenance utility processes and functions within the shop and be willing to help out wherever necessary. Candidates must be able to learn and use Delta’s computer MIRS/GEM functions applicable to perform assigned jobs. Must be a team player and active participant in identifying process improvements and cost saving initiatives. Practices safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
- Must be a team player and active participant in identifying process improvements and cost saving initiatives.
- Practices safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
- Operatie all shop vehicles (road trucks,electric carts and forklifts) in order to pick up and deliver parts to different depts.,shops and local vendors.
- Re-stocking parts to the shelves in the appropriate stockroom on a daily basis, tag all unserviceable parts and send to correct shop/vendor.
- Label stockroom boxes with parts numbers and prices when available.
- Use appropriate solutions, media and equipment to effectively and efficiently accomplish GSE functions such as: Parts transportation and cleaning as well as shop and facilities cleaning.
- Must be able to read and write English and be able to comprehend and apply information contained in technical manuals.
- Requires high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must possess basic understanding of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic disciplines as they apply to aircraft systems.
- Must meet the physical requirements which qualify a person to perform essential job functions.
- Must be able to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be able to pass an extensive background check, drug test and audiogram
- Be authorized to work in the US
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays