Avionics Wiring Technician III
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Avionics Technicians with wiring experience for an opportunity in Moline, Illinois.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
With advanced knowledge and high level skills, installs, repairs, troubleshoots and performs other general tasks related to the maintenance, installation and repair of avionics systems and components on a variety of airframes in a safe and clean work environment according to manufacturer’s specifications, company-approved procedures, and customer specifications. Avionics Wiring Tech III must be capable, and experienced to perform effective installation and troubleshooting of the most complicated avionics system installations. Trains less experienced employees through the OJT process. Prepares and completes appropriate documentation. Meets the requirements for designation as a Production Inspector.
- Performs installations, troubleshooting, and repairs of the most complicated nature on aircraft avionics systems and components on a variety of airframes in a timely, clean, safe and professional manner with no rework, with a superior level of quality, craftsmanship, and efficiency.
- Makes sound technical decisions as a technician and when functioning as Production Inspector. Efficiently and effectively installs, troubleshoots, function tests, and repairs the most complicated aircraft avionics systems across a variety of aircraft makes and models.
- Expertly prepares various documents for record keeping purposes, as required by Company policies, FAA Approved Repair Station and Quality Control Manuals, All FAA regulations (FARs), OEM Aircraft Manufacturer Manuals, etc. to include turnovers, and personal training logs. Assists Junior Avionics Wiring Technicians in these efforts.
- Demonstrates proficiency of Elliott Aviation work order system by completing accurate and timely discrepancies and corrective action statements. Assists Junior Avionics Wiring Technicians in these efforts.
- Willingly and effectively shares knowledge and capabilities with less experienced technicians through OJT to foster their development, ensure accurate work, and support of the team’s goals. Acts as mentor and task expert for new avionics personnel.
- Proficiently and consistently locates and uses the appropriate technical data to accomplish any and all tasks.
- Supports, maintains, and complies with all Environmental, Health and Safety federal, OSHA, state and local regulations
- In the absence of the Crew Chief, accepts ownerships of the work scope and established milestones relative to the successful and timely completion of these projects. Leads minor Aircraft Projects from time to time, as directed by the Crew Chief.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Must have 5+ years of aircraft installation and repair experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of FARs 43, 91, 135, 145.
- Airframe & Power plant Certificate and/or FCC License preferred.
- Must have the minimum tools as required.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.