Transit Bus Technician
Transit Bus Mechanic
LAUNCH TransTechs is seeking a Transit Bus Mechanic to perform assigned vehicle maintenance related functions and facility maintenance to assist in maintaining school buses in safe, comfortable and like new operable condition.
Pay: $23.12-$28.96 per hour, depending on experience
Shift: 9:30AM- 6PM
Transit Bus Mechanic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works under the direct supervision of an assigned skilled and certified journeyman technician to receive hands-on training.
- Performs assigned vehicle and facility maintenance related duties (e.g. vehicle washing, cleaning, fueling, oil changes, lubrication, light vehicle repair etc.) in a safe and timely manner.
- Arranges for and obtains appropriate inspections and approval of all repairs before vehicle is released from maintenance facility.
- Maintains a safe, clean, productive and efficient work area including ensuring work area is in compliance with all relevant Federal, State/Provincial and local guidelines and requirements.
- Records time spent, parts used and repairs conducted on the appropriate form upon completion of the assignment.
- Other duties may be assigned
Qualified Candidates For The Transit Bus Mechanic Position Will Have Met The Following:
- High school diploma or GED
- 2+ years of related maintenance and repair on medium/heavy duty trucks
- Must furnish own tools and steel toe boots
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be able to pass DOT drug test & DOT physical
- CDL, or the ability to obtain
- ASE, preferred but not required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.