LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Lean Coordinator for an opportunity in Monroe, Washington.
Leads the implementation of lean manufacturing principles by educating and coaching others on the process improvement philosophy, tools and application. Facilitate the elimination of interruptions to the flow of products through the value streams. Identify and eliminate the non-value added actions to create effective and efficient work processes.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiates and implements process design changes by educating and coaching others on process improvement philosophy, tools and application under the direction of the Director of Operations. Evaluate and analyze manufacturing processes that absorbs resources but creates minimal value. Study operations methods in order to improve work flow.
- Prepares, analyzes and presents information on improvement opportunities including each projects financial impact and savings. Works with management, customers, suppliers, and others to identify and facilitate key projects that will improve quality, reduce costs, improve cycle time and provide optimum benefits to customers and business through waste reduction.
- Identify and map value streams. Recommend and specify value-creating actions in the best sequence to reduce non-value added practices. Provide feedback on efforts to convert non-value added actions into value.
- Builds continuous improvement culture and drives change throughout division. Creates and communicates project status reports providing credibility and visibility for the lean process.
- Recommend and assist redefining work functions and departments to ensure a positive contribution to value creation and work flow processes. Provide suggestions to eliminate functional barriers and develop focus to improve lead time and standard operations. Drive improvement initiatives that result in better material flow, reduced rework and improved metrics to meet division goals and objectives. Implement necessary corrective measures.
- Create and/or design, schedule and facilitate lean manufacturing training programs. Coordinate and lead company Kaizen events to achieve and maintain continuous incremental improvement. Train employees in lean manufacturing initiatives such as Kanban, value stream mapping, takt time analysis and Kaizen.
- Manages project activities including communication, project timeline, meeting facilitation, data gathering, data processing, utilizing lean tools and solution implementation and follow up. Prepare reports and updates to management on continuous improvement projects, results and processes. Actively participate in and performing tasks as outline in the lean events. Works across division functions to facilitate project completion.
- Maintain lean practices and continuous improvement to reduce effort, time, space, cost and mistakes.
- Position supports multiple locations and must be willing to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Demonstrate ability to appear for work on time, work overtime when necessary, follow directions from a supervisor, interact well with co-workers, understand and follow work rules and procedures, work safely, comply with corporate policies, goals and objectives, accept constructive criticism, establish goals and objectives, and exhibit initiative and commitment.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing facility, aerospace or automotive manufacturing preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.