Quality Assurance – CMM Inspector II
Quality Assurance – CMM Inspector
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Quality Assurance – Coordinate Measuring Machine Inspector with experience operating a CMM for an opportunity in Monroe, Washington.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The QA – CMM Inspector I inspect machined components, sheet metal components, purchased products and standards, raw materials, assembled products and outside processing for conformance to engineering drawings and specifications. These duties are performed under minimal supervision.
- Operates CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine) to dimensionally inspect product with supervision.
- Reads and interprets aerospace manufacturing drawings, including tolerances, customer specifications and technical requirements.
- Accurately compares product to engineering drawings/specifications, purchase order, and manufacturing orders using common manual inspection equipment, (e.g., PCM’s, height gage, dial indicators, calipers, micrometers, protractors, profilometers, bore gauges etc) to accept or reject product to customer engineering requirements.
- Documents product acceptance/rejection on manufacturing order, processes any necessary rejection documentation, and performs various MRP system functions.
- Performs Rockwell and Eddy Current testing for product acceptance.
- Reviews outside processing certifications of nondestructive testing, chemical processing, and finish, and verifies physical appearance of final product for conformance to engineering specifications.
- Capable of performing and completing FAI’s in accordance with Damar Aerosystems and AS9102 requirements.
- Follows all safety guidelines established by the Company, including proper use of safety equipment and relevant safety procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills, and Experience Requirements:
- Two years (recent) hands-on inspection experience in the aerospace industry
- Previous (recent) CMM inspection experience.
- Basic knowledge of understanding Engineering Drawings.
- Basic knowledge of GD&T. (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance).
- High school diploma or equivalent.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.