LAUNCH TransTechs is seeking a Diesel Mechanic for minor repair work on a diesel powered tractors and trailers in Morton IL.
Shift: 2nd Mon. – Fri. 2pm – 11:30pm
Pay: $17 per hour, depending on experience
- Clean Working Environment!
- Opportunity For Growth!
- Safety Focused!
- Work Stability!
Diesel Mechanic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Replacement or repair of diesel engine external components, external drive train, steering, suspension and brake components. electrical systems, starting and charging components, and diesel air system.
- Perform routine maintenance on company’s fleet of diesel powered trucks.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Diesel Mechanic Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, spending time bending, climbing and stooping.
- Equivalent of high school diploma or GED and 1+ year of Heavy Duty Diesel Mechanic experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have own tools.
- Must have own steel toe boots.
- FHWA Certification preferred.
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.