LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking an Avionics Technician with Regional Jet experience for a direct opportunity in Moses Lake, WA
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Avionics Technician will maintain, inspect, repair, modify, overhaul and troubleshoot regional jet aircraft in compliance with policies, manuals, procedures and requirements.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Three (3) plus years of aircraft mechanical experience preferred
- Service, repair, troubleshoot and modify aircraft and aircraft engines.
- Repair, replace and rebuild aircraft structures, system and functional components.
- Assemble and install electrical, plumbing, mechanical, hydraulic, structural components and accessories using hand tools and power tools.
- Adjust, align and calibrate aircraft systems using hand tools, gauges and test equipment, machines and equipment such as shears, sheet metal brakes, welding equipment, pneumatic tools.
- Research and understand FAA technical data relevant to assigned tasks.
- Maintain the premises in a clean and organized manner.
- Remove and/or install aircraft components, test IAW MM, and troubleshoot aircraft systems.
- Strong knowledge in FAA regulations, Aviation Rules (FOD’s, Safety, Quality, Hazardous Materials, Aircraft Marshalling), aerodynamics, aircraft electrical systems, materials science, aircraft maintenance, electrical testing, instrumentation, gas turbine and piston power plants.
- Good leadership (individual contributor) presence:
- Able to lead by example and live/work by company values.
- Ability to successfully contribute to a positive and productive work environment.
- Able to instill a sense of urgency in team members.
- Able to be patient and objective in difficult situations with different types of people.
- Good customer service tool box:
- Professional mannerisms, appearance and actions (self-confident and committed to high ethics).
- Strong follow-through, quick thinking and resourceful.
- Ability to remain calm, cool and collected in stressful situations.
- Strong sense of urgency to address and solve important issues.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritization skills:
- Able to multi-task, maintain focus on several different projects at one time and hit deadlines.
- Able to be flexible with attention and priority.
- Ability to work in a progressive, fast-paced environment (work well under pressure).
- Good analytical skills, with an ability to troubleshoot, problem-solve and effectively and efficiently make decisions.
- Good communication skills (oral, written) with customers.
- Act as an active listener, seeking to understand and then to be understood, articulating clearly and confidently.
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships at all levels. Ability to influence others as well as relate to individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Good project management skills, including the ability to take ownership for accomplishing assigned tasks. Results-oriented planner who ensures that goals are met. Able to set priorities and keep to projected schedules.
- Computer Skills: Comfortable and effective working in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Associate’s Degree (or Technical School equivalent) in Aircraft Maintenance or related field from an FAA accredited school
- Preferred A&P Certificate
- Japanese Bilingual preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.