LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking an A&P Mechanic with Fighter Jet or General Aviation experience for an opportunity in North Las Vegas, Nevada.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Mechanic III will apply organizational and intermediate to advanced level maintenance such that the company owned aircraft, to include the BAC-167 Strikemaster, Jet Provost, IAR-823, A-90 Raider, and Little Bird helicopter, are serviced, repaired, inspected, and maintained according to approved data.
- Report to the Shift Lead/Maintenance Manager any safety issues/incidents/concerns as it happens;
- Assists in intermediate repairs and modifications with Shift Lead and/or Maintenance Manager; may be asked to assist in advanced to extreme repairs for professional development;
- Ensures hangar and work areas are neat, clean, orderly and in accordance with Blue Air Instruction vol 4.;
- Maintain repairs and modify aircraft structures and structural components of moderate difficulty;
- Maintain and repair aircraft components, including flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems, and mechanical components;
- Apply technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions and expertise in restoring equipment condition and or operation;
- Apply comprehensive technical expertise to solve moderate to complex problems by interpreting technical documentation such as blueprints or manufactures’ manuals;
- Must have thorough knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting, repair procedures and replacement of parts;
- Exercise basic knowledge of electrical theory and aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers;
- Exercise knowledge of technical publications;
- Make entries in aircraft logs and records;
- Complies with company maintenance and logistics procedures and policies;
- Complies with FAA regulations as applicable;
- Know and understand the functions and requirements of computerized maintenance software;
- Provides technical guidance to lower-level technicians
Qualifications and requirements:
- Minimum eight (8) years experience working on fixed wing reciprocating or turbine engine aircraft Commercial part 121, 135, 145 or military background highly desired.
- Must have Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) license.
- Must be familiar with, able to read and understand the Federal Aviation Regulations and manufacturer manuals.
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently or part of a team.
- Must possess excellent communication and people skills, to include problem solving, organizational, and computer skills.
- Must be willing to travel. Must be willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must have knowledge of airframe, engine (turbine/piston), propeller and hydraulic systems.
- Must have knowledge of aircraft technical orders/job guides/publications—read, interpret, follow, and comprehend schematic diagrams, drawings, charts, and technical publications.
- Must have knowledge of flight line operations, i.e. aircraft/vehicle movement and safety/hazards.
- Must have working knowledge of aircraft safety directives.
- Knowledge of the use of hand and special tools, and testers is required.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities of a Mechanic III in daily work performance.
- Must be able to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC) and must not be barred from any government installation.
- Must be able to lift a minimum fifty (50) pounds.
- Must be able to stand, lift overhead, bend, crouch, and climb a ladder.
- Must have the minimum tools as required.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.