Structures Mechanic – General
Structures Mechanic – Multiple Locations
LAUNCH Teams is seeking highly skilled Structures Mechanics nationwide with experience performing heavy maintenance, repairs and modifications on commercial or corporate aircraft.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Boeing 737, 757, or Airbus A319/A320 experience preferred.
- 3+ Years of commercial airframe experience required. Will consider a combination of military and commercial experience.
- A&P license is a plus but not required.
- GoGo, Row44, Direct TV, Panasonic WiFi and IFE mod experience is a plus.
- Must have the minimum tools as required.
- Must perform job duties in a timely manner, with no defects.
- Must be able to work under minimum supervision with a team goal in mind.
- Must be able to work well with other members of a close team.
- Must be willing to work any shift as required.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH Avionics?
LAUNCH Avionics provides industry leading compensation benefits in a scenario that each member is rewarded for work completion, within span time, and under budget. All team members will share in the financial rewards of the company as the modification process is streamlined. A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH Avionics provides you with a real benefits package, including access to company-sponsored medical/dental insurance and a 401k program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.
• Minimum of 5 years experience doing heavy structures – look for modification/repair especially – winglet installation, WIFI, spar splice, skin change, NGS mod, seat track mods.
• Look for work history at tier 1 MRO’s – HAECO, AAR, VT, ATS, PEMCO
○ COMAV, Pulsar, Empire, Aero Turbine, Evergreen are not tier 1. Very little heavy structure mods performed at those locations – can have that history as long as they have other experience at tier 1
• Typically, anyone that has work history at multiple place with short durations has issues. That’s the reason they move constantly – especially if they’re bouncing around at tier 2 or 3 MRO’s
• Top structures guys usually have worked at flat rate contract companies – VP, ARMI (ARM International), STS, Cannon, AMS – look for these individuals as they understand what we do already
• A&P always a plus but not the deciding factor – some of the best structure guys are not licensed.
• Understand it’s flat rate work and no guarantee they’ll stay at any single location. Must be willing to move around based on work.
• Guys usually stay at single location for duration of mod line but I do move guys back/forth based on work load.
• Can expect to earn 2-4 times what they would make as hourly anywhere else