LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Aerospace Industrial Engineer for an opportunity in Orange City, Iowa.
Position is responsible for short-term and long-term strategic direction and implementation of projects and plans for utilization of facilities, labor, equipment, materials, work station layouts, methods and processes, providing capacity and scheduling analysis of manufacturing operations.
- Analyze facility layouts, product storage, and material handling equipment to identify opportunities for productivity and quality improvements.
- Provide capacity and scheduling analysis of factory operations, establish and maintain labor standards, lead times and capacities/capabilities for manufacturing and ancillary processes.
- Develop proactive long range plans for plant upgrades and improvements, analyze capacity utilization, and create strategies that reduce operational costs through individual efforts as well as establishing and managing continuous improvement teams.
- Identify and implement improvements in methods, procedures, equipment, or workflow which increases productivity or quality within the Engineered Standards environment. Build solid business cases for all process and layout recommendations. Provide ideas and corrective actions for ongoing manufacturing issues
- Perform necessary changes to the Engineered Standards as a result of other system enhancements including dissemination and training to user groups. Work closely with Engineering on new ideas to improve processing procedures or on anything that may improve quality or customer satisfaction.
- Manages the creation of production standards using methods (MTM) software, time studies, and historical analysis to assist management in accurately measuring employee’s productivity.
- Will create and update bills of materials and routers with an ERP System.
- Will document manufacturing processes and establish standardized work methods for all production processes.
- Clearly and effectively communicate both verbally and in written form to both technical and non-technical audiences, especially regarding manufacturing processes, engineering issues and proposed changes, and quality issues and dispositions.
- Provide engineering and technical support to Production Management to execute capital projects.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Required BS degree in a technical field (Manufacturing, Industrial or Mechanical Engineer preferred) or equivalent combination of education/experience. Minimum of 3 years progressive and related experience required.
Experience with Microsoft Visio, Rockwell Automation Arena, and/or Minitab a plus knowledge and experience with ERP systems (Plex preferred)
Advanced or Intermediated MS Office skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.