LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Aerospace Manufacturing Engineer for an opportunity in Orange City, Iowa.
The Manufacturing Engineer develops and improves composite manufacturing processes by studying product and various manufacturing methods. Documentation of processes and transfer into production facilities.
- Evaluates composite materials manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from technicians.
- Develops manufacturing processes for composite materials by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment.
- Perform pilot scale production of new composite products and components.
- Work with technicians to develop pattern development, process design, prototype fabrication, measuring, process verification, testing and documentation. Lift and position material rolls and tools that weight up to 50lbs.
- Operate complex machinery including: automated cutting tables, heated platen presses, autoclaves, ovens and test equipment.
- Follow timelines for individual projects as determined by Program Management.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information, costs and trends.
- Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Maintains product and process data base by writing process flow charts; entering data.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, or related field.
3+ years of experience in direct or related field.
- Working knowledge of quality systems, quality control, process control, statistical analysis, non-destructive testing
- Demonstrated ability to perform high level mathematical problem solving, geometry, physics, chemistry, mechanical properties, thermodynamics, metallurgy, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to supervise processes
- Ability to present technical information
- Knowledge of Hardware and Processing Specifications
- Experience using CAD(Solidworks/Catia)
- Able to follow detailed work instructions
- Perform Process Planning
- Work with Bills of materials and Check Sheets.
- Self-motivated and ability to work well with others
- Good working knowledge of personal computers and standard office software with ability to develop and maintain spreadsheets
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.