LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Aerospace Quality Engineer for an opportunity in Orange City, Iowa.
The Quality Engineer is responsible for designing, developing, coordinating and deploying work instructions and procedures, in-process inspection plans and associated process controls for assigned product lines for the aerospace industry.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leadership of corrective and preventive action processes for customer and internal issues, tracking countermeasures, reporting status, and coordinating activities with manufacturing team and other company departments.
- Reporting company performance against metrics at a company level as well as supporting metric documentation at a work cell
- Responsible for implementing changes directly related to inspection activities and part processing through the EC
- Direct involvement with Director of Regulatory & Compliance, QA Leadership team, FAI coordinator and MRB coordinator
- Involved with planning, coordinating, implementing and directing development inspection technique and documentation of new and existing programs and products as assigned within Quality
- Responsible for implementing and utilizing Quatro AS9100 Quality Management processes to ensure that our products are manufactured to meet the dimensions, specifications, quality and any other features or requirements specified by our
- Participate in continuous improvement activities pertaining to customer feedback, management, manufacturing, and supply chain processes at the development
- Review customer/internal/industry specifications to ensure compliance with stated
Qualifications and Requirements:
3-5 years of experience in a quality function with decision making responsibilities in an aerospace production environment
Experience working with manufacturing based technology, processes and principles.
Advanced composites manufacturing experience required
Requires knowledge of company policies, operations management and other applicable procedures.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining perspective
- Experience in composites (preferred)
- Strong and collaborative relationships with upper management, peers and production team members
- Direct problem solving, searches for root cause and addresses issues
- Addresses conflict directly and works to resolve differences proactively
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.